The ski domain of Chamonix Mont Blanc encompasses four large skiing areas linked by free ski bus along the Chamonix Valley: the Grand Montets, Brevent-Flegere, Balme Vallorcine and Les Houches.
Also scattered up the valley are the smaller ski areas of Savoy, Chosalots, Tourchet, Poya, Vormaine and Planards.
Across the Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley there are:
- Number of Pistes: 106 downhill skiing pistes; 14% Green, 34% Blue, 38% Red, and 14% Black
- Kilometres of Ski Pistes: Whilst 119km of ski piste doesn’t sound that much when compared to some of the giant ski domains, this statistic belies the awesome terrain that is Chamonix Mont Blanc
- Longest Piste: Can your legs take 19km top to bottom?
- Skiable Area: There are 308 hectares within the ski area
- Number of Ski Lifts: 65; 20 gondolas, 27 chair lifts and 18 drag lifts
- Highest Altitude: The Grand Montets summit is at 3,275m
- Vertical Drop: Drop 2,023m from The Grand Montets to Argentiere
- Ski Resort Altitude: The base at Les Houches is at 1,010m
- Number of Snow Cannon: 96 cannons cover 23km of ski runs
- Glacier Skiing: The Vallee Blanche off the Aiguille du Midi, WITH A GUIDE, is a right of passage for any off-piste skier
- Snow Parks: There are lots of natural snow park features as well as a couple of great snow parks