And Frolicked in the Autumn Mist
pop quiz: sing-a-long with dragons
Some of us may be already looking forward to the ski season, but my guest blogger, Clare Hislop of Haus Hislop in Inneralpbach encourages us to explore her adopted home in the Autumn.
Clare is originally from Yorkshire and made her home in Inneralpbach many years ago; she has four stunning apartments that are sparklingly clean, well equipped and very comfortable.
Book with Clare and you can be assured of a truly memorable trip all year round.
Over to Claire...
The sun still shines most days; Alpbachtal in the Autumn is a truly spectacular place to visit.
The landscape is a rich tapestry of pastures and forests, clear lakes and high snow peaks that combine to make this the most unspoilt surroundings in central Europe. Austria is Alpine walking at its finest – once tried you’ll be smitten and be in love for life.
- It’s really quiet, tranquil and peaceful. Haus Hislop sits at the head of the valley with no traffic.
- Alpbachtal is a rural community where Autumn is an important time. There is a multitude of events, such as the cows homing festival in Reith (two Saturdays in September).
- Cows are a glorious and prominent sight in the valley. All the farms bring their little herds down from the mountains to graze on lower pastures: Cow bells are one of the special sounds of Autumn.
- Every village in the region holds their own small festivals. Lots of beer drinking and enjoying chicken straight from the grill and other delicious Austrian street food.
- The heat of the Summer naturally heats the bathing lakes. The lakes in Autumn are the perfect temperature to go swimming and spending time relaxing in the late summer sun.
- The days roll into lovely long evenings. Plenty of time to play tennis, take strolls, play mini golf or watch the sun go down with a ‘cool one’.
- The world famous Munich October Fest is just and hour and a half from Haus Hislop.
- The mountains are a brilliant playground. The adventurous can try a high ropes course, canyoning, tubing, paragliding and much more. Alternatives include horse riding, fishing, golf, swimming and much, much more.
- Outside the ski season flights are still available from most parts of the UK and are cheap.
- Every guest gets an Alpbachtal Seenland Card. Offering discounts and free entry to many local tourist attractions including the Reith gondola.
What are you waiting for?
pop trivia: "...and frolicked in the Autumn mist” is a line from 1963’s ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’ by ‘Peter, Paul and Mary’.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please give it a ***** rating below .